Baby Bison Ranch
BABY BISON RANCH CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER
WHERE CHILDREN PLAY, LEARN AND GROW TOGETHER
AGES OF CHILDREN WE SERVE:
6 weeks- 4 years (We don’t take children once they are age eligible for Pre-K)
HOURS OF OPERATION:
7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. The center will be closed all days school is not in session and during summer vacation.
Baby Bison Ranch Child Development Center provides a creative, safe, learning environment that nurtures and supports each individual child’s unique qualities and potential.
The values that Baby Bison Ranch commits to are:
2. Diversity and Inclusion
3. Lifelong Learning
4. Partnership and Collaboration
The center provides a warm; secure setting where each child can develop to his/her own potential socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. The program is based on the following important beliefs:
- Process is more important than the product
- Children learn by doing
- Each child’s unique creativity should be encouraged whenever possible
- Each child and family has individual needs
The program maintains a child-centered philosophy that accepts each child at his/her own developmental level and encourages him/her to learn through rich experiences. When planning the curriculum, the teachers provide experiences that reflect families’ interests, hobbies, cultures, and languages.
At Baby Bison Ranch, we encourage discovery, creativity, development, and exploration in a safe, respectful, yet stimulating, relationship-based environment. We put this in action through our curriculum and daily programming designed to help all children learn and grow in positive ways. While your child is here, we will be helping him/her:
- Actively engage in and enjoy the learning process
- Learn to question, to problem solve, and to discover
- Be creative and flexible
- Discover his/her own unique talents and wonderful possibilities
- Learn to function as a member of a group
- Become confident, strong, and competent
- Learn to resolve conflicts in peaceful, respectful ways
- Appreciate and respect individual differences among children and families
- Learn more than just the “right” answers
- Assimilate and apply necessary pre-academic skills
You and your child will also see and experience strong, caring parent-teacher partnerships, educated teachers and staff; nutritious meals and snacks; positive, respectful interactions among adults and children; hands-on learning activities appropriate to your child’s age and development; and a nurturing environment where children, families, and staff thrive.
The Baby Bison Ranch Child Development Center Staff attend different trainings and conferences throughout the year. These trainings help the staff to learn new things about child care and how to educate and care for children better.
The curriculum that we use at Baby Bison Ranch Child Development Center is called the Early Learning Guidelines or ELG’s. This curriculum is through the Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Oklahoma Child Care Services and Oklahoma Department of Education. There are two of these curriculums and they are based on ages of children. The curriculums are The Early Learning Guidelines for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos as well as The Early Learning Guidelines for ages Three-Five. We are committed to a strong curriculum that includes language experiences, creative play, math, science discovery, art, physical development, self-help skills, and social development. Critical thinking is encouraged by providing choices, problem-solving opportunities, and discovery learning. Activities that build each child’s self-esteem, provide opportunities for success, and encourage positive interaction with other children and adults are emphasized. The staff uses different resources that help them plan their weekly lessons for the children.
- Physical Address- 217 S. Cheyenne
- Phone Number- 405-884-5740
- Director's Name & Email- Gretchen Melvin - email@example.com
- Feel free to come by anytime for a tour or to visit with the director.